In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free.
This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as those on specific benefits, those who are age exempt or have certain medical conditions.
Prescription prepayment certificates (PPC) are available in England and they can save you money.
Prescription costs as of April 1 2018
- From April 2018 these will be £8.80.
- A three monthly pre-payment certificate (PPC) is still £29.10. This saves you money if you need four or more items in three months.
- A 12 month certificate is still £104.00 and saves money if 14 or more items are needed in 12 months
12 monthly PPC’s are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The prescription prepayment certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2 per week. Ask you chemist for details on how to obtain PCC’s or you can down load the application form here:
Other NHS Costs – Wigs and fabric supports
- Surgical bra: £28.85
- Abdominal or spinal support: £43.60
- Stock modacrylic wig: £71.25
- Partial human hair wig: £188.70
- Full bespoke human hair wig: £275.95