‘Sicknotes’ – Sickness Certificates (Fit-Notes)

If you have been off for seven days or less, you can self-certificate your illness using an SC2 – your employer should be able to provide you with a form (many have their own form) however you can download an official SC2 by clicking here.

If your employer requires a sick note from your GP during this period, we can provide you with one however there will be a charge for it.

If you do require a doctor’s note you will usually need to make an appointment to see your doctor and will not be able to issue the certificate until then.

If you require a further certificate for the same medical problem this can often be dealt with by telephone consultation.